Saltfish, vegetable oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, chili, sugar, mustard seeds, salt.
1. We shop for the best fresh garlic, ginger, and shallots and peel them, wash them and dry them before grinding them for our sambal base.
2. The kurau saltfish is then also soaked and washed thoroughly before being chopped and fried.
3. Once the sambal base is done the saltfish is added and mixed thoroughly and left to sit for at least 2 days.
4. After 2 days the bottling and labeling process begins. Then it’s ready for consumption.
– It’s a unique recipe that is a family secret;
– We hand-pick our ingredients and spices;
– We use fresh vegetable oil, rock salt, and only kurau saltfish. We do not mix various types of saltfish;
– You will find kurau saltfish in almost every bite;
– Once you taste our pickles you will be addicted and will keep coming back for more;
– Very good value for the money you pay.
With rice and dahl; on roti chanai;
with thosai; with fried rice;
with Maggi Mee Goreng;
even with aglio olio pasta or spread on toast!
I’ve had customers even eat it in cheesy quesadillas.
Sealed, room temperature – 6 months
Opened, refrigerated – 6 months